Product Name : ORGANIC WALNUTS HALVES AND PIECES.
Product Price :
Product Details :
ORGANIC WALNUTS HALVES AND PIECES.
Dried fruit varieties grown from the United Kingdom and Turkey, whose outer shell and septum has been removed.
– Product: Organic Walnut
– Commercial Name: 80% Halves, 60% Halves or 20% Halves.
– Country of origin: United Kingdom & Turkey.
– Process description: Harvest, clean, dry, machine cracked, mechanic manual sorting and packed.
– Ingredients: 100% walnuts.
– Intended use: Ready to eat
Halves: Above 80%, 60% or 20% half kernel. Including the ones that have up to 12.5% (1/8) of the kernel missing, as long as the kernel keeps its characteristic form.
Large Pieces: Kernel piece held by a sieve of 13mm and that is smaller than a half of a kernel.
Medium Pieces: Kernel pieces which shall pass through a 13 mm diameter sieve and cannot pass through a 9 mm
– Varieties: Chandler or Serr.
– Cracking type: Mechanical.
– Sorting type: Manual-mechanical.
– Texture: Firm, crispy.
– Flavor and aroma: Good typically nut flavor, free from rancid or foreign flavors.
– Color: Extra Light; Extra Light-Light; Light; Light-Amber; Amber.
Minimum of Halves 80% (w/w), 60% (w/w), 20% (w/w)
Maximum Pieces (1) 20% (w/w), 40% (w/w), 80% (w/w)
– Extra Light – Accepts up 15% (w/w) of Extra Light-Light color
– Extra Light, Light – Accepts up 15% (w/w) of Light color
– Light – Accepts up 15% (w/w) of Light Amber color
– Light Amber – Accepts up 15% (w/w) of Amber color
Kernel defects -4% (w/w) as a top. (Stain, shriveling, mold, insect injury)
Product related impurities (2)
– Shell 1 un/10 kg
– Septum 5 un/10 kg
Foreign matter ≤0% (w/w)
– Stalks – Not Present
– Stones – Not Present
– Soil Particles – Not Present
– Dirt – Not Present
– Alive infestations -Not Present
– Moisture content: 5% máx.
– Preservatives: N/A
– Aflatoxines (B1; B2; G1; G2): ≤4 ppb (µg/kg)
– Heavy metals: According to EU legislation
– Total coliforms: < 10 cfu/g
– E. coli : < 10 cfu/g
– Salmonella spp.: Absent
– Listeria monocytogenes: Absent
– Direct contact packaging with product: Polyethylene bags, measures 60×40 (cm), 35g weight each.
– Indirect contact material: Corrugate carton box, measures 32x20x47 (cm), 645g weight.
Each packaging unit is a clean, new, printed corrugated carton box, which contain two polyethylene bags with
5kg each one, packaged in modified atmosphere of 80% N2 and 20% CO2.
The label used only have an internal company code mark (barcode) which will ensures traceability from the raw
material to final product, if required or audited. However, it is possible attach other label according to buyer
convenience, but not replace the original labeling. The content of these label must be decided by the buyer.
– Containers shipment: 20 feet (10.000 kg approx.) and 40 feet (20.000 kg approx.)
– Crop period: March – May
– Processing period: April – November
– Temp: 10 – 15 °C
– R.H.: < 70%
This product must be stored in a clean, fresh and dry area, free from strong odors and contaminating products. Product shelf life in their original packaging and recommended storage: one year.
– GMO free
– Suitable for Vegetarians
– Suitable for Vegans
Product is 100% walnut, then, nuts allergen is present. Production line only process walnuts, there is not risk of
– IMOswiss AG, Europe. Certification of organic agricultural production, processing, marketing and export of organic products.
– NOP, US. Certification of organic crop production, handling (processing and marketing) of organic products.
– GLOBALG.A.P. (EUREPGAP), Good agricultural practices orchard management.
– HACCP, walnut packaging and cracking process plant.